Thank you for expressing interest in collaborating with the Facilities and Business Operations (FBO) department at the University of Central Florida (UCF) to become a prequalified facilities vendor. We are excited about fostering relationships with skilled architects, engineers, consultants, and construction contractors. The prequalification application questionnaire, accessible through the provided link below, is designed to gather essential information to enhance our understanding of your business and potential partnership opportunities.
To proceed, please follow the outlined steps:
GATHER REQUIRED INFORMATION / DOCUMENTS
Complete the questionnaire in one session, ensuring you have all necessary information beforehand. Refer to the list below for the required information and documents. Document submissions are expected to follow the specified naming standards.
- Company Contact Information (required)
- A list of key personnel, role and contact info, including your company’s primary bidding contact (required)
- Company W-9 (required)
- Naming Standard: W9 -“Your Company Name”
- Certificate of Insurance (required)
- Naming Standard: COI – “Your Company Name”
- Current Certificate of Insurance with the following minimum requirements
- Commercial Liability $1,000,000
- General Aggregate $1,000,000
- Automobile Liability $1,000,000
- Worker’s Comp Statutory Limits
- Certificates of Insurance shall name the University of Central Florida Board of Trustees as additional insured. The policy shall include the condition that it is primary, and that any liability insurance maintained by the University or any other additional insured is excess and non-contributory.
- Please use the address below on the Certificate of Insurance provided.
- Sample Certificate of Insurance
- References (required)
- Naming Standard: REFERENCE – “Your Company Name”
- A combined .pdf including summaries of 3-5 reference projects that include the contact information for reference business /person, project scope, cost, schedule, number of change orders, and lessons learned.
- Business license information, including copy of valid license (if applicable)
- Naming Standard: LICENSES -“Your Company Name”
- Small, Woman, Minority, Veteran Business Enterprise Certificate (if applicable)
- Naming Standard: “The first letter of the type of certification + BE”- Your Company Name. For instance, if you are a Veteran-Owned Business called ABC Brewing, name the document VBE-ABC Brewing. If you are providing certifications for more than one category then provide all as one combined pdf and name the document using the first letter of each certification for example a minority owned small business called ABC Brewing would be SMBE – ABC Brewing.
- Bonding Capacity Letter (if seeking contracts > $100K)
- Naming Standard: BOND CAPACITY-“Your Company Name”
- Letter from a surety company indicating bond capacity and rating. The referenced surety company must be licensed to do business in the State of Florida, have a Best Rating of “A”, and a required financial size of “Class IX.”
- If applicable, please provide details of any existing government or cooperative contracts that your company currently holds with other entities and that the University of Central Florida (UCF) could potentially utilize for business transactions with your company.
- Naming Standard: COLLABORATIVE AGREEMENTS -“Your Company Name”
University of Central Florida Board of Trustees
ATTN: Risk Management
4365 Andromeda Loop N MH 328 Orlando, FL 32816-0001
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR PREQUALIFICATION APPLICATION PACKAGE
QUESTIONNAIRE REVIEWED BY UCF
After submission, our team will review the questionnaire. If information is missing or clarification is needed, the process will be returned with comments via our e-Builder Project Management Information System. To avoid this additional step, take care when submitting your questionnaire initially.
Once the application package is deemed complete, it will be forwarded to a committee to adjudicate.
VENDOR REGISTRATION WITH UCF
- Vendors who are not currently registered as a vendor with UCF may register via the UCF Supplier Registration Portal.
- Within the portal, answer “YES” to the question “Will your company provide design services, construction services, or construction materials or equipment?”
- All projects requiring a permit are permitted by the AHJ at UCF’s Building Department. Any contractor that may work on permitted jobs on campus, should take time to register their company in the UCF Building Department’s Citizenserve permitting software.
Key personnel listed in the application package will be granted e-Builder access, and the designated bidding contact will become the point of contact for future requests for proposals and bids matching your company’s capabilities.