Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
Facilities constructed using Public Education Capital Outlay (PECO) begin with approval by the University Board of Trustees of a prioritized funding request known as the Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) and Legislative Budget Request (LBR). Detailed requirements may be found here: 2019-2020 Fixed Capital Outlay Budget. The CIP is typically approved by the University Board of Trustees (BOT) in July and submitted to the Board of Governors (BOG) on August 1st.
The CIP is categorized by funding:
- PECO-ELIGIBLE PROJECT REQUESTS
- For PECO projects, the CIP is prioritized as required by the BOG:
- Maintenance and Utility Infrastructure
- System and Continuation Projects
- Renovation Projects
- Strategic Projects
- Legislative Authorizations
- Capital Improvement Fee Trust Fund
- Capital projects that may not be PECO eligible but will require some state funding, (i.e. General Revenue).
- Future planned PECO-eligible projects that do not have a current survey recommendation
- University plans for Capital Improvements that may not be captured in other portions of this form.
- Not required to be prioritized